Let’z Play Presents “The Gamez”
“The Gamez” is a new type of tournament for video game players out there. You will be a part of a 4-person team and your team will compete in three games. One game may be a fighter, like Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition, where 2 players are chosen to compete vs. 2 players on another team; another game may be Call of Duty Black Ops 2, where two 2-person teams are chosen from the team of 4 to go against the other team’s chosen 2-person teams. The third game could be a game of Wii bowling where the scores of all team members are added up and the highest team score wins.
This type of tournament is going to be a season over 7 events, with the first event being held on Dec. 7th at Battle and Brew in Marietta, GA, and with the Championship being held in May 2014. Prizes are as follows:
- Team with Highest Score – $1,000 Prize
- Team with 2nd Highest Score – $500 Prize
- Team with 3rd Highest Score – $250 Prize
- Winner of the Championship Tournament Bracket – $200 Prize
How To Play:
Become a member of the Let’z Play website and become a member of “Let’z Play Atlanta” meetup group, by clicking here.
Entry Fee Per Event: $10 per Individual ($40 per Team)
- Dec 7th – Battle and Brew in Marietta, GA at 3:30pm.
- Jan 2014 – TBD
- Feb 2014 – TBD
- Mar 2014 – TBD
- Apr 2014 – TBD
- May 2014 – Championship (TBD)
How The Tournament Works:
2 Teams of 4 Play 3 Different Games
- For a Fighter: 2 people are picked from the team to go against 2 people from the other team. If there has to be a tie-breaker, a 3rd player is picked from each team to play the final match.
- For a Shooter: Two 2-person teams are picked from each team to play against another’s 2 2-man teams for two games. In case of tie-breaker, a 2-man team is picked from each team to play the final match.
- Team game that everybody can play, like Wii Bowling. Individual Scores are added up and the highest team score between the two teams wins. Teams get 15 min to get acclimated to the game.
- For a Sports game: Team vs. Team or one chose 2-person team vs. opposing team’s chosen 2-person team.
Each game that a team wins, they earn 1 point, so if a team wins 2 out of the 3 matches in the fighting game, they win that game and earn 1 point. If a team wins the team game, they win one point. A team can possibly win all 3 games and earn 3 points or the team could win 2 out of the 3 games and earn 2 points.
The events are Round Robin and each team will get to play against 2 different randomly chosen teams.
For the Championship, each game is worth 5 points and so if a team wins 2 out of the 3 matches in the fighting game, they earn 5 points instead of the 1 point.
The Championship will be single-elimination rounds with a single winner, for which will win the prize of $200.
Prizes for the season will be awarded based on the above.
Points are maintained on the Stats pg.
Teams on event days must have four members. If not, then you cannot participate. Participants may find their own members and sign up as a team or they can have members randomly assigned to their teams by us. If you have a team of two and you need two members, we will try to assign you another team of two to create a complete team of four.
If you are an individual, we will try to assign you to a team of three or two or create a team of individuals.
No trades are allowed in the season. If you are having issues with your team, we will try to assign you to another team. Please email any issues to email@example.com.
Treat everybody and team members with respect. If not, you will be disqualified and you will not get a refund. We are about building a community. It will not be tolerated.
No new team members for Championship event. Team Roster has to be established by the 4th tournament event in Feb 2014.
- All members of the team must be present 15 min before they play. They must pay before they play. No Exceptions.
- No cheating.
- All members must play 2 out of 3 games.
- No modded controllers.
- Elected members for each game must be decided before the game starts. No substitutions.
- No new team members for championship. Team Roster has to be established by the 4th tournament.
- No trades allowed in season.
- If you don’t have a full team, we will assign you one randomly.
- You must be a Let’z Play Free member to participate and a member of Let’z Play Atlanta meetup group.
- We will assign team matches randomly on tournament day.
- Individuals and Teams have to have signed up 3 days before tournament day.
- Treat everybody with respect. If not, you will be disqualified and you will not get a refund. We are about building a community. It will not be tolerated.
- Have to be at least 18 years of age to participate.
- No derogatory or foul language in team name.